Assurance maladie : la gestion du risque long
AbstractThis paper offers a theoretical investigation of long term coverage of health risks. I focus upon two key features in a long term perspective: first, individuals bear the risk that their risk category may change through time ; second, in the long run, uncertainty may be " radical, " i.e., difficult to probabilise. After briefly summarising the dynamic elements of theories of solidarity (according to Léon Bourgeois and John Rawls), the second part presents recent economic approaches of long term risk management, and reviews the solutions that have been offered in the area of health care. The third part attempts to apply these solutions to the French health insurance system made of two parts : mandatory public insurance, and private supplementary insurance, regulated by the Loi Evin. Lastly, the final section offers a first examination, both theoretical and descriptive, of the comparative advantages of mutuals (non profit) and insurance companies (for profit), two forms of private institutions involved in health insurance, focusing on the long term aspects of this activity. The conclusion insists on the limits of the analysis, and suggests paths for future research.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure) in its series DELTA Working Papers with number 2000-12.
Length: 30 pages
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue d'Economie Politique, 2000, 110(4), pp. 457-482.
RISQUE ; ASSURANCE ; LONG TERME;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- I10 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - General
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Guillaume Vidal & Denis Raynaud & Renaud Legal & Rémi Lardellier, 2011. "Un outil pour l’étude des dépenses de santé et des « restes à charge » des ménages : le modèle Omar," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 450(1), pages 47-77.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.