Die europäische Flexicurity-Strategie : ein Überblick zu wichtigen Vor- und Nachteilen. The European Flexicurity-Strategy : A Survey on Important Pros and Cons
AbstractThe concept of flexicurity has been at the heart of the labour market and social policies at the European level. The concept aims at achieving an appropriate balance between employment security and labour market flexibility on the labour markets in the European Union. This survey describes the main elements of the current debate. The paper highlights the original debate with respect to the main advantages and disadvantages of this strategy. Moreover, the question has to be posed, whether the effects of the recent financial crisis and its effects on the real economy will necessitate a thorough revision of this strategy. Alternatively, one may ask if we can fina an economically sound consensus on the concept of flexicurity.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Duesseldorf University of Applied Sciences in its series Duesseldorf Working Papers in Applied Management and Economics with number fobe15.
Length: 22 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Forschungsberichte des Fachbereichs Wirtschaft der Fachhochschule Duesseldorf ; 2010,15 ; ISSN 1866-2722
Contact details of provider:
Arbeitsmarkt- und Sozialpolitik; Flexicurity; Europäische Union; Europa 2020; Finanzmarktkrise; Labour Market and Social Policies; Flexicurity; European Union; Europe 2020; Financial Crisis;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zsolt Darvas & JÃ¼rgen von Hagen & Reinhilde Veugelers & Nicolas VÃ©ron & Bruno van Pottelsberghe & AndrÃ© Sapir & Indhira Santos & Lars-Hendrik RÃ¶ller & Jean Pisani-Ferry & Jakob von WeizsÃ, . "Memos to the new Commission- Europe's economic priorities 2010-2015," Books, Bruegel, number 319, 07.
- Schneider, Hilmar & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2010. "Agenda 2020: Strategien für eine Politik der Vollbeschäftigung," IZA Standpunkte 24, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Lans Bovenberg, 2009. "Institutional Failures and the Life Course," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 7(4), pages 3-7, 01.
- Samuel Bentolila & Juan Jose Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, 2008. "Two-tier Employment Protection Reforms: The Spanish Experience," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 6(4), pages 49-56, December.
- Torben Andersen, 2010. "Unemployment Persistence," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 11(1), pages 23-28, 04.
- Lothar Funk, 2004. "Employment Opportunities for Older Workers: A Comparison of Selected OECD Countries," CESifo DICE Report, Ifo Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 2(2), pages 22-33, 07.
- Dennis J. Snower & Alessio J. G. Brown & Christian Merkl, 2009. "Globalization and the Welfare State: A Review of Hans-Werner Sinn's Can Germany Be Saved?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 47(1), pages 136-58, March.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Escudero, Veronica & Marx, Paul & Tobin, Steven, 2010. "The Impact of the Crisis on Employment and the Role of Labour Market Institutions," IZA Discussion Papers 5320, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Eichhorst, Werner & Marx, Paul & Thode, Eric, 2010. "Report No. 25: Atypische Beschäftigung und Niedriglohnarbeit," IZA Research Reports 25, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiebke Voges).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.