Payer peut nuire à votre santé : une étude de l’impact du renoncement financier aux soins sur l’état de santé
AbstractIn this paper, we analyse self-assessed unmet needs (SUN) for financial reasons and then study their consequences on health status four years later using ESPS data, a French general population survey on health, health care and insurance. Financial hurdles in accessing care as assessed by SUN are principally explained by lack of complementary health insurance coverage and life course episodes, in particular past and present socio-economic conditions and perspectives. The analysis also shows that difficulties in accessing care contribute to health inequalities.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/9215.
Date of creation: Dec 2011
Date of revision:
Renoncement aux soins; inégalités de santé; accès financier aux soins; Self-Assessed Unmet Needs (SUN); Social health inequalities; Financial access to health care services;
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Dourgnon & Florence Jusot & Romain Fantin, 2012. "Payer peut nuire à votre santé : une étude de l’impact du renoncement financier aux soins sur l’état de santé," Working Papers DT47, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Apr 2012.
- I14 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health and Inequality
- I13 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Insurance, Public and Private
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dourgnon, Paul, 2013. "Evaluation des politiques publiques et inégalités sociales d'accès aux services de santé," Economics Thesis from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University, number 123456789/12221 edited by Wittwer, Jérôme, September.
- Philippe Batifoulier, 2014. "De l’aléa moral du patient aux inégalités d’accès aux soins," EconomiX Working Papers 2014-7, University of Paris West - Nanterre la Défense, EconomiX.
- Mohamed Ali Ben Halima & Thierry Debrand & Camille Regaert, 2012. "Sick Leaves: Understanding Disparities Between French Departments," Working Papers DT50, IRDES institut for research and information in health economics, revised Oct 2012.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.