Disorganizing and Synchronization as Dynamic Capabilities When Creativity Matters
AbstractThis paper investigates the dynamic capabilities of firms in the video game industry, where these firms are at the intersections of different markets, each with its own degree of dynamism which varies also in time, and its imperatives and pace of change. In this industry, firms are required not only to have technical and evolutionary fitness but also to achieve a creative one. On the basis of 36 semi-structured interviews aimed at the development of grounded theory, temporary findings of this study, highlights how firms achieve creative fitness through an adequate use of disorganizing and synchronization capabilities, allowing them to orchestrate latent processes embodied in multiple levels in and outside of the firm.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/8836.
Date of creation: Mar 2010
Date of revision:
dynamism; video game industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.