Building dynamic capabilities through organizational design
AbstractThe present paper examines the nature of dynamic capabilities, how they unfold, and their origins at multiple levels of analysis through a qualitative investigation of twenty one case studies of firms operating in the video game industry. Our results show that the origins of dynamic capabilities are not only limited to learning and knowledge management activities but incorporate also different processes of organizational design. We explain how these processes by endowing a firm with a relevant structure and culture would allow the efficient accomplishment of different meta-activities of sensing, seizing and reconfiguring and ultimately the achievement of an internal evolutionary fitness.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/8522.
Date of creation: Nov 2011
Date of revision:
Management; Video games industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- O32 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.