Les relations entre tactiques de socialisation et adéquations perçues
AbstractRelationships between organizational socialization (OS) tactics and fit perceptions were analyzed, by distinguishing between context, content, and social tactics (Jones, 1986) on the one hand, and person-organization (P-O), person-job (P-J), and person-group (P-G) fit perceptions on the other hand. Although all tactics were positively associated with P-O, P-J, and P-G fit perceptions, their relative impact was different. A dominance analysis indicated the relative impact of each tactic on P-O, P-J and P-G. Specifically, P-G fit was most significantly influenced by social tactics, P-J fit was most significantly influenced by content and social tactics, and P-O fit was most significantly influenced by context and social tactics. Social tactics therefore had a significant impact on all P-O, P-J, and P-G fit perceptions, even when controlling for the context and content tactics variables.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/674.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue de Gestion des Ressources Humaines, 2009, no. 72. pp. 13-30.Length: 17 pages
Comportement organisationnel; Adequation; Jeunes diplômés; Socialisation organisationnelle;
Other versions of this item:
- Serge Perrot, 2009. "Les relations entre tactiques de socialisation et adéquations perçues," Post-Print halshs-00363013, HAL.
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M54 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Labor Management
- M51 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - Firm Employment Decisions; Promotions
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Serge Perrot & Talya Bauer & Patrice Roussel, 2012.
"Organizational socialization tactics: Determining the relative impact of context, content, and social tactics,"
- Perrot, Serge & Bauer, Talya & Roussel, Patrice, 2012. "Organizational socialization tactics : Determining the relative impact of context, content, and social tactics," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/10185, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.