Les stratégies de coping des consommateurs seniors : Cadre théorique et analyse critique des outils de mesure existants
AbstractThis paper focuses on the relevance of the coping concept in the understanding of the senior consumer behaviors. Particularly, it tries to define a link between the aging process, generating potential stressors, coping strategies used in order to cope with stress, and consumer behaviors. A short literature review based on coping theories and the developmental psychology enables us to present an integrated theoretical framework, in order to better understand the existing links between the stress-related coping mechanisms due to the aging process and the senior consumer behaviors. Moreover, this paper aims at suggesting a critical analysis of different measurement tools of the senior coping strategies. It stands for an essential preliminary for any future empirical test of the theoretical proposed framework.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/5896.
Date of creation: Jan 2011
Date of revision:
measurement tools; aging; consumption; outils de mesure; vieillissement; consommation; coping; senior;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Neal Krause & Benjamin A. Shaw, 2000. "Giving Social Support to Others, Socioeconomic Status, and Changes in Self-Esteem in Late Life," Journals of Gerontology: Series B, Gerontological Society of America, vol. 55(6), pages S323-S333.
- Marceline Bodier, 1999. "Les effets d'âge et de génération sur le niveau et la structure de la consommation," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 324(1), pages 163-180.
- Guiot, Denis, 2006. "Un cadre d’analyse du processus de vieillissement et de son influence sur le comportement d’achat du consommateur âgé," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1310, Paris Dauphine University.
- Denis Guiot, 2006. "Un cadre d'analyse du processus de vieillissement et de son influence sur le comportement d'achat du consommateur âgé," Post-Print halshs-00167778, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.