Implementing the Corporate Entrepreneurial Dynamic : the Role of the Information System at the AEF
AbstractInnovation and globalization are considered as the main two engines of economic performance . Corporate Entrepreneurship (CE), entrepreneurship within existing organizations, is a source of innovation and performance for businesses (Miller, 1997; Guth and Ginsberg, 1990; Hornsby and al., 1993 ; Zahra, 1993; Zahra and Covin, 1995 ; Barrett and Balloun, 2000 ; Antoncic and Hisrich, 2000 ; Ferreira, 2001). While existing conceptual models (Burgelman, 1983; Guth and Ginsberg, 1990; Covin and Slevin, 1991; Lumpkin and Dess, 1996 ; Flyod and Lane, 2000 ; Ferreira, 2001; Antoncic and Hisrich, 2001; Manimala, Jose and Thomas, 2005) broach various aspects of CE, they leave a number of organizational factors unaddressed. Consequently, a new conceptual model is suggested, which adds communication resources and the IT system to the factors already described in Ireland, Kuratko and Morris's (2006) model. These new factors were derived from a review of the literature and from on-site observations. We tested the model by comparing and contrasting the findings expressing in the literature with our on-site observations in AEF (goods and passengers company operating and maintaining the French rail network). So, our research question is: How to implement the CE dynamic within organizations in specific regard to the use of IT systems? The first part of the paper will present a review of the literature focusing on CE models and particularly on Ireland, Kuratko and Morris's model. In the second section, the methodology is outlined and the field study described. The third part of the paper sketches the results of the study and presents a discussion of its findings.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/5847.
Date of creation: 2011
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Entrepreneurship and Technological Change,
Entrepreneurship; Corporate entrepreneurial dynamic; information system; entrepreneuriat; dynamique intrapreneuriale; systèmes d'information;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M10 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - General
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
- M14 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Corporate Culture; Diversity; Social Responsibility
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M50 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Personnel Economics - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.