Political Contributions to Influence Consumers: the Example of the U.S. Drug Reimportation Debate
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/4296.
Date of creation: 2010
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in DIAL Document de travail, 2010
Protectionnisme; Industrie pharmaceutique; Médicaments; Ré-importations; Financement politique; Protectionism; Pharmaceutical Industry; Drug Reimportation; Lobbying; Political Contributions;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L65 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - Chemicals; Rubber; Drugs; Biotechnology
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jean Tirole, 1988. "The Theory of Industrial Organization," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262200716, January.
- Anis, Aslam H. & Wen, Quan, 1998. "Price regulation of pharmaceuticals in Canada," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 21-38, January.
- Yeon-Koo Che & Ian Gale, 1998.
"Caps on Political Lobbying,"
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993.
"Protection for Sale,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 2002. "Special Interest Politics," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262571676, January.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Stephen Ansolabehere & John M. de Figueiredo & James M. Snyder Jr, 2003. "Why is There so Little Money in U.S. Politics?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 17(1), pages 105-130, Winter.
- Robert E. Baldwin & Christopher S. Magee, 1998.
"Is Trade Policy for Sale? Congressional Voting on Recent Trade Bills,"
NBER Working Papers
6376, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Baldwin, Robert E & Magee, Christopher S, 2000. " Is Trade Policy for Sale? Congressional Voting on Recent Trade Bills," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 105(1-2), pages 79-101, October.
- Bresnahan, Timothy F, 1987. "Competition and Collusion in the American Automobile Industry: The 1955 Price War," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 35(4), pages 457-82, June.
- Wright John, 2004. "Campaign Contributions and Congressional Voting on Tobacco Policy, 1980-2000," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 6(3), pages 1-28, December.
- Stephen Coate, 2001.
"Political Competition with Campaign Contributions and Informative Advertising,"
NBER Working Papers
8693, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen Coate, 2004. "Political Competition with Campaign Contributions and Informative Advertising," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 2(5), pages 772-804, 09.
- Hillman, Arye L, 1982. "Declining Industries and Political-Support Protectionist Motives," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(5), pages 1180-87, December.
- Valérie Paris & Elizabeth Docteur, 2006. "Pharmaceutical Pricing and Reimbursement Policies in Canada," OECD Health Working Papers 24, OECD Publishing.
- Tower, Edward & Grabowski, Henry & Gokcekus, Omer & Adams, Mike, 2005.
"How did the 2003 Prescription Drug Re-importation Bill Pass the House?,"
05-01, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Omer Gokcekus & Mike Adams & Henry Grabowski & Edward Tower, 2006. "How Did The 2003 Prescription Drug Re-Importation Bill Pass The House?," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 27-45, 03.
- Levitt, Steven D, 1994. "Using Repeat Challengers to Estimate the Effect of Campaign Spending on Election Outcomes in the U.S. House," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 102(4), pages 777-98, August.
- Wright, Donald J., 2004. "The drug bargaining game: pharmaceutical regulation in Australia," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 785-813, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.