Cases to Include Labour Standards in Trade Agreements
AbstractInternational trade is concerned by the level of labour standards.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/1546.
Date of creation: 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Contributions to the study of international institutions and global governance, . pp. 151-168.Length: 17 pages
labour standards; WTO; Organisation mondiale du commerce; OMC;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Basu, Kaushik, 2000.
"The Intriguing Relation between Adult Minimum Wage and Child Labour,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages C50-61, March.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1999. "The intriguing relation between adult minimum wage and child labor," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2173, The World Bank.
- Basu, Kaushik, 1998.
"Child labor : cause, consequence, and cure, with remarks on International Labor Standards,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
2027, The World Bank.
- Kaushik Basu, 1999. "Child Labor: Cause, Consequence, and Cure, with Remarks on International Labor Standards," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1083-1119, September.
- Vivek Dehejia & Yiagadeesen Samy, 2004. "Trade and labour standards: theory and new empirical evidence," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(2), pages 179-198.
- Srinivasan, T-N, 1996. "Trade and Human Rights," Papers 765, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Kal Raustiala, 2003. "Rethinking The Sovereignty Debate In International Economic Law," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(4), pages 841-878, December.
- Clotilde Granger, 2005. "Normes de travail fondamentales et echanges sud-nord," Economie Internationale, CEPII research center, issue 101, pages 47-62.
- Chantal Thomas, 2002. "Trade-Related Labor and Environment Agreements?," Journal of International Economic Law, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(4), pages 791-819, December.
- Cees van Beers, 1998. "Labour Standards and Trade Flows of OECD Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(1), pages 57-73, 01.
- Busse, Matthias, 2002. "Do Labor Standards Affect Comparative Advantage in Developing Countries?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(11), pages 1921-1932, November.
- Singh, Ajit & Zammit, Ann, 2000. "The global labour standards controversy: critical issues for developing countries," MPRA Paper 53480, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- C. Shelburne, Robert, 2004. "Wage Differentials, Monopsony Labor Markets, and the Trade-Labor Standards Debate," Journal of Economic Integration, Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 19, pages 131-161.
- David KUCERA, 2002. "Core labour standards and foreign direct investment," International Labour Review, International Labour Organization, vol. 141(1-2), pages 31-69, 03.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.