Analyse Economique du Droit versus Institutionnalisme. Une comparaison "en situation"
AbstractEconomic Analysis of Law versus Institutionnalism. A “in situation” comparison This paper compares two approaches of law economics concerning the same empirical object - the United States employees savings schemes – on one hand within the framework of mainstream Law and Economics and on the other within the framework of the Theory of the Regulation. These two approaches diverge as regards the way the take into account of politics, understood as conflicting social relationships. Mainstream approach allows avoiding an explicit treatment of politics at the individual level of the particular case. On the contrary, institutionalist habitus produces a political construction of its object of analysis. This "in situation" comparison shows a better capacity of generalization of institutionalist method because of its very dependence in politics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/1477.
Date of creation: Jun 2009
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue de la Régulation. Capitalisme, institutions, pouvoirs, 2009, no. 5
Conflit; Institutionnalisme; Fonds de pension; Epargne salariale; Pouvoir; Théorie de la régulation;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G23 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Non-bank Financial Institutions; Financial Instruments; Institutional Investors
- K39 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Other
- K19 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Other
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Institutional; Evolutionary
- A12 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Relation of Economics to Other Disciplines
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Easterbrook, Frank H & Fischel, Daniel R, 1993. "Contract and Fiduciary Duty," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, University of Chicago Press, vol. 36(1), pages 425-51, April.
- Henry B. Hansmann & Ugo A. Mattei, 1998. "The Functions Of Trust Law: A Comparative Legal And Economic Analysis," Yale School of Management Working Papers, Yale School of Management ysm102, Yale School of Management.
- Montagne, Sabine, 2006. "Les fonds de pension, entre protection sociale et spéculation financière," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine, Paris Dauphine University 123456789/1499, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.