How does generational diversity contribute to the organizational dynamic? An empirical view
AbstractContinuity and change are at the core of intergenerational diversity. By linking the literature on generations with the concept of dynamic capabilities, the aim of this paper is to offer a better understanding of how intergenerational relationship contribute to the organizational dynamic. The literature on generations leads to a multi-dimensional and multi-level conceptual framework of generational diversity in the workplace, and dynamic capabilities approach links intergenerational relationship and organizational issues. A qualitative case study of a French national state-owned railway company validates, illustrates our framework and offers a deep understanding of the process of intergenerational transfer, its generational antecedents and its organizational results.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/13125.
Date of creation: Jul 2013
Date of revision:
Generation; Intergenerational; Diversity; Dynamic capabilities; Intergenerational transfer;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search, Learning, and Information
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- M12 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - Personnel Management; Executives; Executive Compensation
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-05-04 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.