L’apport d’Internet aux petites entreprises (PE) touristiques dans la construction de leur positionnement stratégique : le cas des hébergeurs
AbstractThe diffusion of ICT in small businesses remains low (Eurostat 2010) and yet among IT applications, the Internet offers opportunities for such businesses to develop their business activity (Scaglione, Schegg et Murphy, 2009). One issue is whether the Internet can be used effectively by these small structures and how the use of this technology can improve the strategic position of small businesses. Our qualitative methodology is based on a study of four companies working in the area of tourist accommodation, a sector which is very advanced in the use of ICT in general and the Internet in particular (Kalika and Rival, 2009; Aldebert et Loufrani-Fedida, 2010). Our research shows that small businesses can use the Internet as a tool for differentiation, notably in areas related to customer relations (marketing, distribution). The successful use of a website depends on a very wise choice of technology linked to the marketing position of the company. The implementation of a strategy must be the result of a deep reflection on the activity of the business because it determines the services and features offered by technology. Finally, it is not so much having a technophile profile that is important, but rather the ability of leaders to perceive the usefulness of technology through their innovative and risk taking profile.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/12852.
Date of creation: 2013
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Revue internationale P.M.E., 2013, Vol. 26, no. 1
TIC; PE; Tourisme; Marketing sur Internet; Internet; Nouvelles technologies de l'information et de la communication; Hébergement touristique; Petites et moyennes entreprises;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.