French media bias and the vote on the European constitution
AbstractThis article analyses the behavior of the French media during the campaign leading to the 29 May 2005 referendum on the Treaty Establishing a Constitution for Europe. It is shown that the French media bears their share of responsibility in the rejection of the Treaty as they campaigned in favor of the Treaty. This led many French voters, who felt that the media were clearly disconnected from the average Frenchman's concerns to vote against the Treaty.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/1278.
Date of creation: Dec 2005
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in European Journal of Political Economy, 2005, Vol. 21, no. 4. pp. 1093-1098.Length: 5 pages
European Constitution; Media Bias;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tridimas, George, 2007. "Ratification through referendum or parliamentary vote: When to call a non-required referendum?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 674-692, September.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.