The economics of contracts: Theories and applications
AbstractTwenty-five papers survey and illustrate approaches to and applications of contract economics. Earlier versions of most of the papers were published in special issue no. 92 of the Revue d'Economie Industrielle entitled "The Economics of Contracts in Prospect and Retrospect" (2000). Papers discuss the New Institutional Economics; contract and economic organization; the role of incomplete contracts in self-enforcing relationships; entrepreneurship, transaction cost economics, and the design of contracts; the contract as economic trade; contract theory and theories of contract regulation; economic reasoning and the framing of contract law; a transaction cost approach to the analysis of property rights; transaction costs and incentive theory; norms and the theory of the firm; allocating decision rights under liquidity constraints; complexity and contract; authority, as flexibility, at the core of labor contracts; positive agency theory; the econometrics of contracts; experiments on moral hazard and incentives; residual claims and self-enforcement as incentive mechanisms in franchise contracts; the quasi-judicial role of large retailers; interconnection agreements in telecommunications networks; licensing in the chemical industry; intercompany agreements and EC competition law; incentive contracts in utility regulation; the performance of different contractual arrangements for water supply in France; lessons from international electricity sector reforms; and a transactions cost perspective on electricity sector restructuring and competition. Brousseau is at the University of Paris X and a member of the Institute Universitaire de France. Glanchant is at the University of Paris XI. Bibliography; name and subject indexes.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Paris Dauphine University in its series Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine with number 123456789/12331.
Date of creation: 2002
Date of revision:
Contrats; Contracts; Incomplete Contracts;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D82 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Asymmetric and Private Information; Mechanism Design
- K12 - Law and Economics - - Basic Areas of Law - - - Contract Law
- L51 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - Economics of Regulation
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure and Pricing - - - Rationing; Licensing
- L90 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - General
- L60 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Manufacturing - - - General
- L80 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Harvey, Sallyann, 2004. "Dryland salinity, coordinating action and economic policy: a role for contracts?," 2004 Conference (48th), February 11-13, 2004, Melbourne, Australia 58703, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Harvey, Sallyann, 2005. "Using contracts to mitigate salinity: an analysis of voluntary cost-sharing agreements," 2005 Conference (49th), February 9-11, 2005, Coff's Harbour, Australia 137926, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Adrien de Hauteclocque & Yannick Perez, 2011. "Law & Economics Perspectives on Electricity Regulation," RSCAS Working Papers 2011/21, European University Institute.
- Ashima Goyal, 2007. "Governance in IndiaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Public Transport Systems - Comparing Indian Railways and Airlines," Microeconomics Working Papers 22402, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Karantininis, Kostas & Sauer, Johannes & Furtan, William Hartley, 2010. "Innovation and integration in the agri-food industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 112-120, April.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alexandre Faure).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.