Descriptive Seasonal Adjustment by Minimizing Perturbations
AbstractThe seasonal adjustment method proposed by Schlicht (1981) can be viewed as a method that minimizes non-stochastic deviations (perturbations). This interpretation gives rise to a critique of the seasonality criterion used there. A new seasonality criterion is proposed that avoids these shortcomings, and the resulting seasonal adjustment method is given
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL) in its series Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics with number 39247.
Date of creation: Jan 1982
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics . 016 (1982-01)
Note: for complete metadata visit http://tubiblio.ulb.tu-darmstadt.de/39247/
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hochschulstr. 1, 64289 Darmstadt
Phone: ++49 (0)6151 16-2701
Fax: ++49 (0)6151 16-6508
Web page: http://www.wi.tu-darmstadt.de/fachgebiete/fachgebiete_4/volkswirtschaftlichefachgebiete.de.jsp
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Schlicht, Ekkehart & Pauly, Ralf, 1983. "Descriptive Seasonal Adjustment by Minimizing Perturbations," Munich Reprints in Economics 3346, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1984. "Zerlegung ökonomischer Zeitreihen: Ein deterministischer und stochastischer Ansatz," Munich Reprints in Economics 3344, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 2004.
"Estimating the Smoothing Parameter in the So-Called Hodrick-Prescott Filter,"
Discussion Papers in Economics
304, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 2004. "Estimating the Smoothing Parameter in the So-Called Hodrick-Prescott Filter," IZA Discussion Papers 1054, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1984.
"Seasonal Adjustment in a Stochastic Model,"
Munich Reprints in Economics
3371, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dekanatssekretariat).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.