Seasonal Adjustment in a Stochastic Model
AbstractThe aim of this paper is to develop a model-based seasonal adjustment method which will yield the same decomposition formulas as the descriptive seasonal adjustment procedures proposed in Schlicht/Pauly (1984) and Schlicht (1981). Hence the duality between the descriptive and the model-based approaches to seasonal adjustment referred to in Schlicht (1981) is resolved for this class of statistical models and descriptive procedures. In addition, estimates for the weights used in the descriptive procedures can be obtained in the stochastic framework, in principle
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL) in its series Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics with number 38058.
Date of creation: Nov 1982
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics . 025 (1982-11)
Note: for complete metadata visit http://tubiblio.ulb.tu-darmstadt.de/38058/
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Hochschulstr. 1, 64289 Darmstadt
Phone: ++49 (0)6151 16-2701
Fax: ++49 (0)6151 16-6508
Web page: http://www.wi.tu-darmstadt.de/fachgebiete/fachgebiete_4/volkswirtschaftlichefachgebiete.de.jsp
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Schlicht, Ekkehart & Pauly, Ralf, 1982.
"Descriptive Seasonal Adjustment by Minimizing Perturbations,"
Darmstadt Discussion Papers in Economics
39247, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute of Economics (VWL).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart & Pauly, Ralf, 1983. "Descriptive Seasonal Adjustment by Minimizing Perturbations," Munich Reprints in Economics 3346, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 1981. "A Seasonal Adjustment Principle and a Seasonal Adjustment Method Derived From this Principle," Munich Reprints in Economics 3374, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 2004.
"Estimating the Smoothing Parameter in the So-Called Hodrick-Prescott Filter,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1054, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schlicht, Ekkehart, 2004. "Estimating the Smoothing Parameter in the So-Called Hodrick-Prescott Filter," Discussion Papers in Economics 304, University of Munich, Department of Economics.
- Dermoune Azzouz & Djehiche Boualem & Rahmania Nadji, 2009. "Multivariate Extension of the Hodrick-Prescott Filter-Optimality and Characterization," Studies in Nonlinear Dynamics & Econometrics, De Gruyter, vol. 13(3), pages 1-35, May.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dekanatssekretariat).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.