New Borders and Trade Flows: a Gravity Model Analysis of the Baltic States
AbstractThe objective of this paper is to provide evidence on the effects of an economic and political union by studying the trade flows of the three Baltic countries of Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania after the breakup of the Soviet Union. We specify and estimate a gravity model of exports for the Nordic countries which enables us to determine the size and direction of trade flows in the Baltic states had they not been affected by the political institutions of the Soviet Union.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Dalhousie, Department of Economics in its series Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive with number 98-04.
Length: 21 pages
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
TRADE POLICY ; INTERNATIONAL TRADE ; SOCIALIST COUNTRIES;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Claus-Friedrich Laaser & Klaus Schrader, 2004. "The Baltic States' Integration into the European Division of Labour," Kiel Working Papers 1234, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Katrin Elborgh-Woytek, 2003. "Of Openess and Distance: Trade Developments in the Commonwealth of Independent States, 1993-2002," IMF Working Papers 03/207, International Monetary Fund.
- A. Porojan, 2001. "Trade Flows and Spatial Effects: The Gravity Model Revisited," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, July.
- Laaser, Claus-Friedrich & Schrader, Klaus, 2003. "Neue Partner in Europa : der baltische Außenhandel im Umbruch," Open Access Publications from Kiel Institute for the World Economy 3128, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.