A Few Remarks on the Assortment Problem
AbstractThe paper deals with the assortment problem in a particular case -- that of structural steel beams. Using the dynamic programming technique we show that this assortment problem is equivalent to the economic lot size problem and also to the routing problem.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University in its series Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers with number 67.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1959
Date of revision:
Publication status: Published in Management Science (October 1959), 6(1): 13-24
Note: CFP 142.
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
Phone: (203) 432-3702
Fax: (203) 432-6167
Web page: http://cowles.econ.yale.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Postal: Cowles Foundation, Yale University, Box 208281, New Haven, CT 06520-8281 USA
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2009.
"A General Solution Framework for Component-Commonality Problems,"
BuR - Business Research,
German Academic Association for Business Research, vol. 2(1), pages 86-106, May.
- Nils Boysen & Armin Scholl, 2008. "A general solution framework for component commonality problems," Jena Research Papers in Business and Economics - Working and Discussion Papers 12/2008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena, School of Economics and Business Administration.
- Gnanendran, K. & Ho, J. K. & Sundarraj, R. P., 2003. "Stock selection heuristics for interdependent items," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 145(3), pages 585-605, March.
- Bitran, Gabriel R. & Leong, Thin-Yin., 1989. "Co-production of substitutable products," Working papers 3097-89., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- Holthaus, Oliver, 2003. "On the best number of different standard lengths to stock for one-dimensional assortment problems," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(3), pages 233-246, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Glena Ames).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.