Allocation policies of redundancies in two-parallel-series and two-series-parallel systems
AbstractIn this paper comparisons of allocation policies of components in two-parallel-series systems with two types of components are provided with respect to both, the hazard rate and the reversed hazard rate orders. The main results indicate that the life of this kind of system is stochastically maximized by unbalancing as much as possible the two classes of components. We only assume that the two distributions implied in the model have proportional hazard rates. The same type of comparisons are also given for the dual model, the two-series-parallel systems but assuming that the distributions implied in the model have proportional reversed hazard rates, and therefore the final conclusion is the opposite; that is, the reliability of the system improves as the similarity between the two parallel subsystems increases
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría in its series Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers with number ws132622.
Date of creation: Jul 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Madrid, 126 - 28903 GETAFE (MADRID)
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es/uc3m/dpto/DEE/departamento.html
More information through EDIRC
Parallel-series system; Series-parallel system; Redundancy; Hazard rate order; Reversed hazard rate order; Proportional hazard rates;
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-05 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Valdés, José E. & Arango, Gerardo & Zequeira, Romulo I. & Brito, Gerandy, 2010. "Some stochastic comparisons in series systems with active redundancy," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 80(11-12), pages 945-949, June.
- Valdés, José E. & Zequeira, Rómulo I., 2003. "On the optimal allocation of an active redundancy in a two-component series system," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 325-332, July.
- Brito, Gerandy & Zequeira, Romulo I. & Valdés, José E., 2011. "On the hazard rate and reversed hazard rate orderings in two-component series systems with active redundancies," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 201-206, February.
- Crescenzo, Antonio Di, 2000. "Some results on the proportional reversed hazards model," Statistics & Probability Letters, Elsevier, vol. 50(4), pages 313-321, December.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.