The Expected Convex Hull Trimmed Regions Of A Sample
AbstractGiven a data set in the multivariate Euclidean space, we study regions of central points built by averaging all their subsets with a fixed number of elements. The averaging of these sets is performed by appropriately scaling the Minkowski or elementwise summation of their convex hulls. The volume of such central regions is proposed as a multivariate scatter estimate and a circular sequence algorithm to compute the central regions of a bivariate data set is described.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría in its series Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers with number ws066919.
Date of creation: Dec 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Madrid, 126 - 28903 GETAFE (MADRID)
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es/uc3m/dpto/DEE/departamento.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-01-02 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cascos, Ignacio & López-Díaz, Miguel, 2005. "Integral trimmed regions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 404-424, October.
- Masse, J. C. & Theodorescu, R., 1994. "Halfplane Trimming for Bivariate Distributions," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 188-202, February.
- Elyès Jouini & Moncef Meddeb & Nizar Touzi, 2004.
"Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures,"
UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers)
- K. Mosler, 2003. "Central regions and dependency," Econometrics 0309004, EconWPA.
- Ignacio Cascos & Ilya Molchanov, 2006. "Multivariate Risks And Depth-Trimmed Regions," Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers ws063815, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría.
- Ruts, Ida & Rousseeuw, Peter J., 1996. "Computing depth contours of bivariate point clouds," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 153-168, November.
- Touzi, Nizar & Meddeb, Moncef & Jouini, Elyès, 2004. "Vector-valued Coherent Risk Measures," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/353, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.