Variance Changes Detection In Multivariate Time Series
AbstractThis paper studies the detection of step changes in the variances and in the correlation structure of the components of a vector of time series. Two procedures are considered. The first is based on the likelihood ratio test and the second on cusum statistics. These two procedures are compared in a simulation study and we conclude that the cusum procedure is more powerful. The procedures are illustrated in two examples.R
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Estadística y Econometría in its series Statistics and Econometrics Working Papers with number ws041305.
Date of creation: Feb 2004
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: C/ Madrid, 126 - 28903 GETAFE (MADRID)
Web page: http://www.uc3m.es/uc3m/dpto/DEE/departamento.html
More information through EDIRC
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-03-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2004-03-07 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2004-03-07 (Econometric Time Series)
- NEP-RMG-2004-03-07 (Risk Management)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- B. Abraham & W. Wei, 1984. "Inferences about the parameters of a time series model with changing variance," Metrika, Springer, vol. 31(1), pages 183-194, December.
- D.S. Poskitt, .
"Specification of echelon form VARMA models,"
Statistic und Oekonometrie
9305, Humboldt Universitaet Berlin.
- Booth, N.B. & Smith, A.F.M., 1982. "A Bayesian approach to retrospective identification of change-points," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 7-22, May.
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006.
"Adaptive Estimation of Autoregressive Models with Time-Varying Variances,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1585R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Nov 2006.
- Xu, Ke-Li & Phillips, Peter C.B., 2008. "Adaptive estimation of autoregressive models with time-varying variances," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 142(1), pages 265-280, January.
- Ke-Li Xu & Peter C.B. Phillips, 2006. "Adaptive Estimation of Autoregressive Models with Time-Varying Variances," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1585, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Dominik Wied & Matthias Arnold & Nicolai Bissantz & Daniel Ziggel, 2012. "A new fluctuation test for constant variances with applications to finance," Metrika, Springer, vol. 75(8), pages 1111-1127, November.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.