A new class of distribution-free tests for time series models specification
AbstractThe construction of asymptotically distribution free time series model specification tests using as statistics the estimated residual autocorrelations is considered from a general view point. We focus our attention on Box-Pierce type tests based on the sum of squares of a few estimated residual autocorrelations. This type of tests belongs to the class defined by quadratic forms of weighted residual autocorrelations, where weights are suitably transformed resulting in asymptotically distribution free tests. The weights can be optimally chosen to maximize the power function when testing in the direction of local alternatives. The optimal test in this class against MA, AR or Bloomfield alternatives is a Box-Pierce type test based on the sum of squares of a few transformed residual autocorrelations. Such transformations are, in fact, the recursive residuals in the projection of the residual autocorrelations on a certain score function.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía in its series Economics Working Papers with number we078047.
Date of creation: Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Miguel A. Delgado & Carlos Velasco, 2009. "A new class of distribution-free tests for time series models specification," Economics Working Papers we090904, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-08 (All new papers)
- NEP-ECM-2007-12-08 (Econometrics)
- NEP-ETS-2007-12-08 (Econometric Time Series)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005.
"Distribution Free Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear Processes,"
STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE
/2005/482, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Miguel A. Delgado & Javier Hidalgo & Carlos Velasco, 2005. "Distribution free goodness-of-fit tests for linear processes," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library 6840, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Peter M Robinson & Carlos Velasco, 2000. "Whittle Pseudo-Maximum Likelihood Estimation for Nonstationary Time Series - (Now published in Journal of the American Statistical Association, 95, (2000), pp.1229-1243.)," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE /2000/391, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Durbin, J, 1970. "Testing for Serial Correlation in Least-Squares Regression When Some of the Regressors are Lagged Dependent Variables," Econometrica, Econometric Society, Econometric Society, vol. 38(3), pages 410-21, May.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos & Lobato, Ignacio N., 2009. "An automatic Portmanteau test for serial correlation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 151(2), pages 140-149, August.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask to update the entry or send us the correct address.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.