Draft Guidelines for Managing Externalities: Restoring the balance
AbstractReport to the High Level Steering Group on Water. The High Level Steering Group on Water endorsed the project 'Best Practice in Identifying, Costing and Charging for Externalities' in October 1999. The project's objective was to develop a pragmatic set of guidelines to assist jurisdictions in the efficient management of environmental externalities associated with Australia's water resources. Drawing on both national and international best practice, this document sets out those guidelines in the form of a management framework. Developed in concert with jurisdictions to meet the current needs and future direction of the Australian water industry, the guidelines have been developed with practicality, flexibility, and durability in mind.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia in its series Natural Resource Management Economics with number 00_005.
Length: 29 pages
Date of creation: Jun 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Policy & Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, PMB2, Glen Osmond, South Australia 5064
Web page: http://www.clw.csiro.au/research/peru/
More information through EDIRC
Australia; water; externalities; urban water; water industry;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- Q0 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q2 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Darla Hatton MacDonald, 2004. "The Economics of Water: Taking Full Account of First Use, Reuse and Return to the Environment.A Report for the Australian Water Conservation and Reuse Research Program (AWCRRP)," Natural Resource Management Economics 04_001, Policy and Economic Research Unit, CSIRO Land and Water, Adelaide, Australia.
- MacLeod, N.D. & McIvor, J.G., 2006. "Reconciling economic and ecological conflicts for sustained management of grazing lands," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(3), pages 386-401, March.
- Gavan Dwyer & Robert Douglas & Deb Peterson & Jo Chong & Kate Maddern, 2006. "Irrigation externalities: pricing and charges," Staff Working Papers 0603, Productivity Commission, Government of Australia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marcia Sanderson).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.