Technometrics based on economic impact of the technological change
AbstractThe economics of innovation presents a lot of taxonomy of innovation. In this research you introduce the scale of innovative intensity (SIIN) based on a meta-taxonomy that subsume other, less comprehensive taxonomy. The SIIN is similar to the seismic scale of Mercalli used for measuring the intensity of earthquakes. This scale is used for a theoretical framework of measurement – technometrics - based on the economic impact of the technological change on the economic system. The intensity of innovation is calculated by a integral of a function in an n-dimensional space.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institute for Economic Research on Firms and Growth - Moncalieri (TO) in its series CERIS Working Paper with number 200213.
Length: 31 pages
Date of creation: Dec 2002
Date of revision:
Technometrics; Technological Change; Innovation Intensity; Economic Impact; Innovation Waves; Innovation Patterns;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- D00 - Microeconomics - - General - - - General
- L20 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - General
- O10 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- O30 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - General
- O33 - Economic Development, Technological Change, and Growth - - Technological Change; Research and Development; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Technological Change: Choices and Consequences; Diffusion Processes
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Enrico Viarisio) or (Anna Perin) or (Giancarlo Birello).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.