Microsimulations of the retirement decision: a supply side approach
AbstractThe economic debate on pensions in France has been increasingly focusing on introducing more flexibility in the retirement decision (up to now sharply constrained by the strength of incentives to claim SS benefits at the so-called « full rate » in the private sector): see Charpin (1999) and Taddei (2000). This paper analyzes methodological issues in implementing a supply-side modelling of the retirement decision in the microsimulation model Destinie. We simulate the retirement decision for cohorts 1943 to 1947 under various assumptions regarding the parameterization of the model. To assess the sensitivity of the model to change in the computation of pensions, we also simulate the possible impact on individual behaviours of reforms that would simultaneously decrease the penalties implied by anticipated retirement and increase the level of benefits in case people would decide to keep on working after being entitled to the full rate.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Institut National de la Statistique et des Etudes Economiques, DESE in its series Documents de Travail de la DESE - Working Papers of the DESE with number g2000-07.
Date of creation: 2000
Date of revision:
microsimulation; retirement decision; pension schemes;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- H55 - Public Economics - - National Government Expenditures and Related Policies - - - Social Security and Public Pensions
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Briard, Karine, 2009. "Un modèle de carrières types dynamiques pondérées pour le Régime général d’assurance vieillesse : une application aux conséquences de la réforme de 2003," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/6330, Paris Dauphine University.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (D3E).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.