Variance Optimal Cap Pricing Models
AbstractWe propose new closed-form pricing formulas for interest rate options which guarantee perfect compatibility with volatility smiles. These cap pricing formulas are computed under variance optimal measures in the framework of the market model or the Gaussian model and achieve an exact calibration of observed market prices. They are presented in a general setting allowing to study model and numÃ©raire choice effects on the computed prices. NumÃ©raire dependence is particularly emphasized. A numerical example and an empirical application on market data are given to illustrate the practical use of the calibration procedure.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 99-07.
Date of creation: 1999
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Laurent, J.P. & Scaillet, O., 1997. "Variance Optimal Cap Pricing Models," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999002, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 01 Jan 1999.
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C4 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- J.L. Prigent & O. Renault & O. Scaillet., 1999.
"Option pricing with discrete rebalancing,"
THEMA Working Papers
99-41, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Jean -Luc Prigent & Olivier Renault & Olivier Scaillet, 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Working Papers 99-61, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Jean-Luc PRIGENT & Olivier RENAULT & Olivier SCAILLET, 2002. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," FAME Research Paper Series rp55, International Center for Financial Asset Management and Engineering.
- Prigent, J.-L. & Renault, O. & Scaillet, O., 1999. "Option Pricing with Discrete Rebalancing," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 1999029, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES), revised 00 Oct 1999.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.