Contiuous Time Equilibrium Pricing of Nonredundant Assets
AbstractIn the context of an incomplete market or of imperfect information, it is well known that the arbitrage approach does not enable us to obtain a unique fair price for all contingent claims but only a fair pricing interval, which is known to be too large to be of great interest. We present here a new approach by exploiting partial conditions issued from equilibrium analysis. The explicit use of market clearing conditions enables us to obtain a unique preference-free admissible price. On a practical point of view, this enables us to give a unique fair price to any contingent claim. Moreover, on a theoretical point of view, this unique price appears to be only dependent on the real economy, as opposed to the financial one.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 98-30.
Date of creation: 1998
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Elyes Jouini & Clotilde Napp, 1999. "Continuous Time Equilibrium Pricing of Nonredundant Assets," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-008, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- He, Hua & Leland, Hayne, 1993. "On Equilibrium Asset Price Processes," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 6(3), pages 593-617.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Kreps, David M., 1979. "Martingales and arbitrage in multiperiod securities markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 381-408, June.
- Harrison, J. Michael & Pliska, Stanley R., 1981. "Martingales and stochastic integrals in the theory of continuous trading," Stochastic Processes and their Applications, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 215-260, August.
- Bernard Bensaid & Jean-Philippe Lesne & Henri Pagès & José Scheinkman, 1992. "Derivative Asset Pricing With Transaction Costs," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 2(2), pages 63-86.
- Huyěn Pham & Nizar Touzi, 1996. "Equilibrium State Prices In A Stochastic Volatility Model," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(2), pages 215-236.
- Bick, Avi, 1987. "On the Consistency of the Black-Scholes Model with a General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(03), pages 259-275, September.
- Elyégs Jouini & Hédi Kallal, 1995. "Arbitrage In Securities Markets With Short-Sales Constraints," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(3), pages 197-232.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- repec:fth:inseep:9514 is not listed on IDEAS
- A, Bizid & Elyès Jouini & P, F, Koehl, 1997. "Pricing in Incomplete Markets : An Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers 97-41, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Elyès Jouini & Clotilde Napp, 2002. "Arbitrage pricing and equilibrium pricing : compatibility conditions," Post-Print halshs-00176423, HAL.
- Elyès Jouini & Abdelhamid Bizid, 2003.
"Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets,"
- Abdelhamid Bizid & Elyès Jouini, 2005. "Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00176484, HAL.
- Jouini, Elyes, 2001.
"Arbitrage and control problems in finance: A presentation,"
Journal of Mathematical Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 167-183, April.
- Elyès Jouini, 2001. "Arbitrage and Control Problems in Finance. Presentation," Post-Print halshs-00167152, HAL.
- Jouini, Elyès & Chazal, Marie, 2008. "Equilibrium Pricing Bound on Option Prices," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© Paris-Dauphine urn:hdl:123456789/30, Université Paris-Dauphine.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.