Pricing of Non-redundant Derivatives in a Complete Market
AbstractWe consider a complete financial market with primitive assets and derivatives on these primitive assets. Nevertheless, the derivative assets are non-redundant in the market, in the sense that the market is complete, only with their existence. In such a framawork, we derive an equilibrium restriction on the admissible prices of derivatives assets. The equilibrium condition imposes a well-ordering principle equivalent martingale measures. This restriction is preference free and applies whenever the utility functions belong to the general class of Von-Neumann Morgenstern functions. We provide numerical examples that show the applicability of restriction for the computation of option prices
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique in its series Working Papers with number 97-51.
Date of creation: 1997
Date of revision:
Other versions of this item:
- Elyès Jouini & Koehl Pierre-François & Abdelhamid Bizid, 1998. "Pricing of Non-redundant Derivatives in a Complete Market," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00167151, HAL.
- Elyes Jouini & Pierre-Francois Koehl, . "Pricing of Non-redundant Derivatives in a Complete Market," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-009, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- G13 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Contingent Pricing; Futures Pricing
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- D53 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Financial Markets
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, .
"Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices,"
CRSP working papers
332, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Yacine Aït-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1998. "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 53(2), pages 499-547, 04.
- Yacine Ait-Sahalia & Andrew W. Lo, 1995. "Nonparametric Estimation of State-Price Densities Implicit in Financial Asset Prices," NBER Working Papers 5351, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Detemple, Jerome B & Selden, Larry, 1991. "A General Equilibrium Analysis of Option and Stock Market Interactions," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 32(2), pages 279-303, May.
- A, Bizid & Elyès Jouini & P, F, Koehl, 1997. "Pricing in Incomplete Markets : An Equilibrium Approach," Working Papers 97-41, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- M. Avellaneda & A. Levy & A. ParAS, 1995. "Pricing and hedging derivative securities in markets with uncertain volatilities," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 73-88.
- Black, Fischer & Scholes, Myron S, 1973. "The Pricing of Options and Corporate Liabilities," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(3), pages 637-54, May-June.
- Benveniste, L M & Scheinkman, J A, 1979. "On the Differentiability of the Value Function in Dynamic Models of Economics," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(3), pages 727-32, May.
- Bizid, Abdelhamid & Jouini, Elyès, 2005.
"Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets,"
Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 40(04), pages 833-848, December.
- Elyès Jouini & Abdelhamid Bizid, 2003. "Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets," Finance 0312004, EconWPA.
- Abdelhamid Bizid & Elyès Jouini, 2005. "Equilibrium Pricing in Incomplete Markets," UniversitÃ© Paris1 PanthÃ©on-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00176484, HAL.
- Marc Rieger, 2011. "Co-monotonicity of optimal investments and the design of structured financial products," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 15(1), pages 27-55, January.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Florian Sallaberry).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.