Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the happiest of them all?
AbstractThis paper turns Snow-White?s magic mirror onto recent economics Nobel Prize winners, top economists and happiness researchers, and through the eyes of the ?man in the street? seeks to determine who the happiest academic is. The study not only provides a clear answer to this question but also unveils who is the ladies? man and who is the sweetheart of the aged. It also explores the extent to which information matters and whether individuals? self-reported happiness affects their perceptions about the happiness of these superstars in economics.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA) in its series CREMA Working Paper Series with number 2007-16.
Date of creation: Sep 2007
Date of revision:
happiness; subjective well-being; perceptions; superstars; economists;
Other versions of this item:
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antić & Uwe Dulleck, 2008. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, Who Is the Happiest of Them All?," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 61(2), pages 309-319, 05.
- Benno Torgler & Nemanja Antic & Uwe Dulleck, 2007. "Mirror, Mirror on the Wall, who is the Happiest of Them All?," NCER Working Paper Series 20, National Centre for Econometric Research.
- A11 - General Economics and Teaching - - General Economics - - - Role of Economics; Role of Economists
- D10 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - General
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-09-24 (All new papers)
- NEP-HPE-2007-09-24 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2007-09-24 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-SOC-2007-09-24 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
- NEP-SOG-2007-09-24 (Sociology of Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anna-Lea Werlen).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.