Constraints on Enterprise Liquidity and their Impact on the Monetary Sector in Formerly Centrally Planned Economies
AbstractThis paper demonstrates that the monetary policy of the National Bank of Hungary is restrictive and has ignored the liquidity problems raised by the overhang of inter-enterprise liquidity. The implication is that the success of the transition to market is thereby jeopardized.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 841.
Date of creation: Dec 1993
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E51 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Money Supply; Credit; Money Multipliers
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- P52 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Studies of Particular Economies
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luoana D. Santarossa, 2001. "Arrears as a Sign of Financial Repression in Transition Economies - The Case of Romania," CERT Discussion Papers 0104, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- G. Alfandari & M.E. Schaffer, 1996. ""Arrears" in the Russian Enterprise Sector," CERT Discussion Papers 9608, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1996. "Russian monetary policy: Assessing the track record," Kiel Working Papers 786, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Buch, Claudia M., 1995. "Monetary policy and the transformation of the banking system in Eastern Europe," Kiel Working Papers 676, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.