EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Towards a New Paradigm?
AbstractThe paper examines the development of regional trade agreements (RTAs) between the European Community (EC) and its partners during the past decade. It finds that EC regionalism has recently entered a new phase: regional trade agreements with countries outside Europe. As a result of parallel initiatives by the United States, the world trading system finds itself in virgin, and potentially dangerous, territory.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 2629.
Date of creation: Nov 2000
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Other versions of this item:
- André Sapir, 2000. "EC Regionalism at the Turn of the Millennium: Toward a New Paridigm?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(9), pages 1135-1148, 09.
- André Sapir, 2000. "EC regionalism at the turn of the millennium: towards a new paradigm?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/8140, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Anne O. Krueger, 1999. "Are Preferential Trading Arrangements Trade-Liberalizing or Protectionist?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 13(4), pages 105-124, Fall.
- repec:fth:coluec:9596-04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ethier, Wilfred J, 1998. "The New Regionalism," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1149-61, July.
- Baldwin, Richard, 1997.
"The Causes of Regionalism,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1599, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sapir, André, 2000. "Who is Afraid of Globalization? The Challenge of Domestic Adjustment in Europe and America," CEPR Discussion Papers 2595, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.