Preferential Trade Liberalization in the North Atlantic
AbstractThis study provides a quantitative assessment of the implications of preferential trade liberalization by the North Atlantic economies. Emphasis is placed on the pattern of production and trade in North America and Western Europe, the pattern of import protection, and the likely trade and income effects of trade liberalization. The potential benefits of preferential trade liberalization are also compared with the potential benefits of post-Uruguay Round most-favoured nation-based reductions in trade barriers. The numerical assessment highlights the impact both on the North Atlantic economies themselves, and on their important regional trading partners.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 1611.
Date of creation: Mar 1997
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F47 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Forecasting and Simulation: Models and Applications
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rolf J. Langhammer, 2008. "Why a Marketplace Must Not Discriminate: The Case against a US-EU free Trade Agreement," Kiel Working Papers 1407, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Joseph F. Francois & Hans H. Glismann & Dean Spinanger, 2000. "The Cost of EU Trade Protection in Textiles and Clothing," Kiel Working Papers 997, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Lübcke, Britta & Piazolo, Daniel, 1998. "Wohlfahrtseffekte einer nordatlantischen Handelsliberalisierung," Kiel Working Papers 885, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.