A Stochastic Dynamic General Equilibrium Model for Greece
AbstractIn this paper we develop a stochastic dynamic general equilibrium model of the Greek economy, in the real business cycle modelling tradition. Household preferences depend on private and public consumption and leisure. Government finances its investment, consumption and transfer payments by means of a proportional income tax rate. Households buy and sell foreign assets in an international capital market and also receive transfer payments from abroad. The volatility, persistence, and co-movement properties of the business cycle component of the data generated by the model are broadly consistent with the actual behaviour of the corresponding actual data of the Greek economy, in 1960–92. We use the model to investigate the response of major macroeconomic variables to temporary and permanent changes in government policy variables, foreign transfers and the rate of return on foreign assets.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers in its series CEPR Discussion Papers with number 1518.
Date of creation: Nov 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Centre for Economic Policy Research, 77 Bastwick Street, London EC1V 3PZ.
Phone: 44 - 20 - 7183 8801
Fax: 44 - 20 - 7183 8820
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- E1 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General Aggregative Models
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
- E6 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José Mª Martín Moreno & Jesús Ruiz, . "Bienes comerciables y no comerciables en la economía española: Un enfoque de ciclo real," Studies on the Spanish Economy 206, FEDEA.
- Eduardo L. Giménez & José María Martín-Moreno, . "Title: Monetary shocks and business cicle in the Spanish economy," Studies on the Spanish Economy 43, FEDEA.
- Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Papageorgiou, Theofanis & Vouldis, Angelos T., 2013. "Business cycles and economic crisis in Greece (1960–2011): A long run equilibrium analysis in the Eurozone," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 804-816.
- Jose Maria Da Rocha & Diego Restuccia, 2002. "Aggregate Employment Fluctuations and Agricultural Share," Working Papers diegor-02-02, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Francisco Xavier Lores, 2001. "Growth And Cyclical Fluctuations In Spanish Macroeconomic Series," Economics Working Papers we014609, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.