AbstractThis work has been prepared as chapter 19 for the volume Econometrics of Panel Data (2nd ed., Matyas and Sevestre eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers). The main emphasis is on modelling whereas inference problems are only sketched. After a short review on the basic issues on marginal models (i.e. models involving a duration variable only) conditional models are reviewed, namely the proportional hazard model and the accelerated time model. Problems of agregation and of heterogeneity are next examined. Competing risks models are presented with a particular emphasis on the identification of dependence among latent durations. Some examples of dependent durations are given. Finally, right-censoring is treated in the framework of competing riks models.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers RP with number -1213.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Note: In : Matyas and Sevestre (eds.) Econometrics of Panel Data, 2nd ed., Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 491-536, 1995
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tuulia Hakola, 2000. "Navigating through the Finnish Pension System," Discussion Papers 224, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Cavaco, Sandra & Fougère, Denis & Pouget, Julien, 2005. "Estimating the Effect of a Retraining Program for Displaced Workers on Their Transition to Permanent Jobs," IZA Discussion Papers 1513, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Piekkola, Hannu, 2002. "Transferability of Human Capital and Job Switches," Discussion Papers 794, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- S. Dufour-Kippelen, 2000. "Dépendance entre l'accès au premier CDI et le départ du domicile parental : une application des modèles de durée bivariés," THEMA Working Papers 2000-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Maritza López-Novella, 2003. "Working Paper 16-03 - Effets de certains subsides temporaires à l’embauche : une analyse micro-économique des plans plus et du plan avantage à l’embauche," Working Papers 0316, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.