Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers RP with number -1133.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Note: In : European Journal of Operational Research, 80, 500-507, 1995
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Gathon, H. -J. & Pestieau, P., 1995. "Decomposing efficiency into its managerial and its regulatory components: The case of European railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 500-507, February.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
- Perelman, Sergio & Pestieau, Pierre, 1988. "Technical performance in public enterprises : A comparative study of railways and postal services," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 32(2-3), pages 432-441, March.
- John Vickers & George Yarrow, 1988. "Privatization: An Economic Analysis," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262720116, December.
- Nishimizu, Mieko & Page, John M, Jr, 1982. "Total Factor Productivity Growth, Technological Progress and Technical Efficiency Change: Dimensions of Productivity Change in Yugoslavia, 1965-78," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 920-36, December.
- Greene, William H., 1980. "Maximum likelihood estimation of econometric frontier functions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 27-56, May.
- Nash, Chris, 2008. "Passenger railway reform in the last 20 years - European experience reconsidered," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 61-70, January.
- Beria, Paolo & Quinet, Emile & de Rus, Gines & Schulz, Carola, 2010.
"A comparison of rail liberalisation levels across four European countries,"
29142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beria, Paolo & Quinet, Emile & de Rus, Gines & Schulz, Carola, 2012. "A comparison of rail liberalisation levels across four European countries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 110-120.
- Ana Rodríguez Álvarez & Víctor Fernández Blanco & José Baños Pino, 2005. "El efecto de la regulación sobre la eficiencia productiva: una aplicación a las compañías ferroviarias europeas," Investigaciones Economicas, Fundación SEPI, vol. 29(2), pages 351-378, May.
- van Vuuren, Daniel, 2002. "Optimal pricing in railway passenger transport: theory and practice in The Netherlands," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 95-106, April.
- Pierre Pestieau, 2009.
"Assessing The Performance Of The Public Sector,"
Annals of Public and Cooperative Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 80(1), pages 133-161, 03.
- PESTIEAU, Pierre, . "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CORE Discussion Papers RP -2086, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Pestieau, 2007. "Assessing the performance of the public sector," CREPP Working Papers 0703, Centre de Recherche en Economie Publique et de la Population (CREPP) (Research Center on Public and Population Economics) HEC-Management School, University of Liège.
- José Manuel Pastor Monsálvez & Lorenzo Serrano Martínez & Pedro Cantos, 2002. "Cost And Revenue Inefficiencies In The European Railways," Working Papers. Serie EC 2002-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Gertjan Driessen & Mark Lijesen & Machiel Mulder, 2006. "The impact of competition on productive efficiency in European railways," CPB Discussion Paper 71, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Mette Asmild & Torben Holvad & Jens Leth Hougaard & Dorte Kronborg, 2008.
"Railway reforms: Do they influence operating efficiency?,"
08-05, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Mette Asmild & Torben Holvad & Jens Hougaard & Dorte Kronborg, 2009. "Railway reforms: do they influence operating efficiency?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 36(5), pages 617-638, September.
- Siew Hoon Lim & C.A. Knox Lovell, 2009. "Profit and productivity of US Class I railroads," Managerial and Decision Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 30(7), pages 423-442.
- Banos-Pino, Jose & Fernandez-Blanco, Victor & Rodriguez-Alvarez, Ana, 2002. "The allocative efficiency measure by means of a distance function: The case of Spanish public railways," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 137(1), pages 191-205, February.
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2006.
"Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis,"
Working Paper Series in Economics
29, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Christian Growitsch & Heike Wetzel, 2006. "Economies of Scope in European Railways: An Efficiency Analysis," IWH Discussion Papers 5, Halle Institute for Economic Research.
- Heike Wetzel, 2008. "Productivity Growth in European Railways: Technological Progress,Efficiency Change and Scale Effects," Working Paper Series in Economics 101, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Mallikarjun, Sreekanth & Lewis, Herbert F. & Sexton, Thomas R., 2014. "Operational performance of U.S. public rail transit and implications for public policy," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 74-88.
- Lovell, C. A. Knox, 1995. "Econometric efficiency analysis: A policy-oriented review," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 80(3), pages 452-461, February.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2003.
"Railway (De) Regulation : A European Efficiency Comparison,"
IDEI Working Papers
221, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse, revised 2007.
- Friebel, Guido & Ivaldi, Marc & Vibes, Catherine, 2004. "Railway (De)Regulation: A European Efficiency Comparison," CEPR Discussion Papers 4319, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jain, Priyanka & Cullinane, Sharon & Cullinane, Kevin, 2008. "The impact of governance development models on urban rail efficiency," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 42(9), pages 1238-1250, November.
- Miguel Urdánoz & Catherine Vibes, 2013. "Regulation and cost efficiency in the European railways industry," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 217-230, June.
- Achraf TARSIM, 2008. "L’efficience du secteur ferroviaire européen : Analyse stochastique des effets de la réforme et de la qualité des services," CIRIEC Working Papers 0809, CIRIEC - Université de Liège.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.