The proportional rule for multi-issue bankruptcy problems
AbstractWe investigate how to extend bankruptcy rules to the general setting in which agents'claims may refer to different issues. We show that the proportional rule is the only one whose extensions according to two natural procedures yield the same outcomes.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 2006076.
Date of creation: 00 Sep 2006
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
multi-issue brankruptcy problems; proportional rule; characterization result;
Other versions of this item:
- Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2009. "The proportional rule for multi-issue bankruptcy problems," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 29(1), pages 474-481.
- Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2009. "The Proportional Rule for Multi-Issue Bankruptcy Problems," Working Papers 2009-6, Universidad de Málaga, Department of Economic Theory, Málaga Economic Theory Research Center.
- Juan D. Moreno-Ternero, 2009. "The Proportional Rule for Multi-Issue Bankruptcy Problems," Working Papers 09.11, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
- D74 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Conflict; Conflict Resolution; Alliances
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Calleja, Pedro & Borm, Peter & Hendrickx, Ruud, 2005. "Multi-issue allocation situations," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 164(3), pages 730-747, August.
- Kaminski, Marek M., 2006. "Parametric rationing methods," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 115-133, January.
- Ju, Biung-Ghi & Miyagawa, Eiichi & Sakai, Toyotaka, 2007.
"Non-manipulable division rules in claim problems and generalizations,"
Journal of Economic Theory,
Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 1-26, January.
- Biung-Ghi Ju & Eiichi Miyagawa & Toyotaka Sakai, 2003. "Non-Manipulable Division Rules in Claim Problems and Generalizations," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200307, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Aug 2005.
- Thomson, William, 2003. "Axiomatic and game-theoretic analysis of bankruptcy and taxation problems: a survey," Mathematical Social Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 45(3), pages 249-297, July.
- Moulin, Herve, 2001.
"Axiomatic Cost and Surplis-Sharing,"
2001-06, Rice University, Department of Economics.
- Hinojosa Ramos, Miguel Ángel & López Sánchez, Ana Dolores, 2011. "Regla de reparto proporcional con referencias múltiples: aplicación al caso de agregación y actualización de probabilidades || A Proportional Rule for the Division Problems with Multiple Reference," Revista de Métodos Cuantitativos para la Economía y la Empresa = Journal of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Quantitative Methods for Economics and Business Administration, vol. 12(1), pages 65-80, December.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Juan D. Moreno-Ternero & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2010.
MSAP Working Paper Series
05_2010, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Jens Leth Hougaard & Juan D. Moreno-Ternero & Lars Peter Østerdal, 2010. "Baseline Rationing," Discussion Papers 10-16, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Jens L. Hougaard & Juan D. Moreno-Ternero & Lars P. Osterdal, 2012. "Rationing in the presence of baselines," Working Papers 12.04, Universidad Pablo de Olavide, Department of Economics.
- Hougaard, Jens Leth & Moreno-Ternero, Juan D. & Østerdal, Lars Peter, 2012. "Rationing in the presence of baselines," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 8/2012, Department of Business and Economics, University of Southern Denmark.
- KaragÃ¶zoğlu Emin, 2010.
"A Noncooperative Approach to Bankruptcy Problems with an Endogenous Estate,"
027, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Karagozoglu, Emin, 2008. "A Noncooperative Approach to Bankruptcy Problems with an Endogenous Estate," Research Memoranda 031, Maastricht : METEOR, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization.
- Dembour, Carole, 2009. "Investment in public infrastructure with spillovers and tax competition between contiguous regions," Open Access publications from UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain info:hdl:2078.1/28497, Université catholique de Louvain.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.