International treaties on global pollution: a dynamic time-path analysis
AbstractIn this paper we show that the formation of coalitions by subsets of countries might diminish the likelihood of a successful world-wide treaty on global pollution. Non-member countries may be less willing to sign a world-wide treaty than they would be in the absence of such coalitions. In fact, the coalition formation may raise the reservation utility of non-member countries above the world-wide treaty level and thus take away their incentives to sign it.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1998054.
Date of creation: 01 Mar 1998
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- CHANDER, Parkash, . "International treaties on global pollution: a dynamic time-path analysis," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1591, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Parkash Chander, 1998. "International Treaties on Global Pollution: A Dynamic Time-Path Analysis," Economics Working Paper Archive 400, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hart, Sergiu & Kurz, Mordecai, 1983. "Endogenous Formation of Coalitions," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 51(4), pages 1047-64, July.
- Parkash Chander, 2004.
"The Gamma-Core and Coalition Formation,"
Econometric Society 2004 North American Summer Meetings
108, Econometric Society.
- CHANDER, Parkash, 2003. "The [gamma]-core and coalition formation," CORE Discussion Papers 2003046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- CHANDER, Parkash, . "The gamma-core and coalition formation," CORE Discussion Papers RP -1993, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.