AbstractThis work has been prepared as chapter 19 for the volume Econometrics of Panel Data (2nd ed., Matyas and Sevestre eds., Kluwer Academic Publishers). The main emphasis is on modelling whereas inference problems are only sketched. After a short review on the basic issues on marginal models (i.e. models involving a duration variable only) conditional models are reviewed, namely the proportional hazard model and the accelerated time model. Problems of agregation and of heterogeneity are next examined. Competing risks models are presented with a particular emphasis on the identification of dependence among latent durations. Some examples of dependent durations are given. Finally, right-censoring is treated in the framework of competing riks models.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE) in its series CORE Discussion Papers with number 1995016.
Date of creation: 01 Feb 1995
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Voie du Roman Pays 34, 1348 Louvain-la-Neuve (Belgium)
Fax: +32 10474304
Web page: http://www.uclouvain.be/core
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maritza López-Novella, 2003. "Working Paper 16-03 - Effets de certains subsides temporaires à l’embauche : une analyse micro-économique des plans plus et du plan avantage à l’embauche," Working Papers 0316, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- S. Dufour-Kippelen, 2000. "Dépendance entre l'accès au premier CDI et le départ du domicile parental : une application des modèles de durée bivariés," THEMA Working Papers 2000-16, THEMA (THéorie Economique, Modélisation et Applications), Université de Cergy-Pontoise.
- Tuulia Hakola, 2000. "Navigating through the Finnish Pension System," Discussion Papers 224, Government Institute for Economic Research Finland (VATT).
- Cavaco, Sandra & Fougère, Denis & Pouget, Julien, 2005. "Estimating the Effect of a Retraining Program for Displaced Workers on Their Transition to Permanent Jobs," IZA Discussion Papers 1513, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Piekkola, Hannu, 2002. "Transferability of Human Capital and Job Switches," Discussion Papers 794, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alain GILLIS).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.