The AIRR Approach for Investment Performance Measurement
AbstractThis paper introduces a new method of investment performance analysis, based on the recent approach of Average Internal Rate of Return (AIRR). We show that the approach generates rates of return suitable for assessing both a fund´s (portfolio´s) performance and a manager´s performance. The metrics proposed are arithmetic means of holding period rates weighted by market values. The Internal Rate of Return (IRR) is shown to be a particular case of AIRR, associated with an automatically implied invested capital which has not to do with market values. Relations with the Time Weighted Rate of Return (TWRR) are investigated.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by MASTER CONSULTORES in its series PROYECCIONES FINANCIERAS Y VALORACION with number 009652.
Date of creation: 09 Jun 2012
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
performance measurement; AIRR; value added; internal rate of return; time-weighted rate of return;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- G00 - Financial Economics - - General - - - General
- G10 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
- G11 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Portfolio Choice; Investment Decisions
- G12 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Asset Pricing; Trading Volume; Bond Interest Rates
- G31 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Capital Budgeting; Fixed Investment and Inventory Studies
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-04-27 (All new papers)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ignacio Velez).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.