An Internationalization Model to Enter the Northern Triangle Market
AbstractAn internationalization model is proposed for a Colombian company specialized in design and consulting engineering services related to the energy sector. The study of these services is relatively new in internationalization and competitiveness, therefore of great interest for research purposes. The model is created with the purpose of conquering the Northern Triangle market (Guatemala, Honduras, El Salvador). Different internationalization theories, such as the Eclectic Paradigm, the Uppsala Model and the Five Competitive Forces were considered. Different assessments were carried out based on qualitative and quantitative data through the case study method in which analyses were performed to generate and evaluate the main variables in the model. Outcomes assure that, HMV Ingenieros Ltda (a Colombian company) is prepared to start commercial presence in the Northern Triangle considering the Step-by-Step model as the way to reach the studied market. In addition, analysis of macroeconomic trends finds Guatemala as the best potential market.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNIVERSIDAD EAFIT in its series DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO CIEF with number 010635.
Date of creation: 14 Mar 2013
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Internationalization; engineering services; Northern Triangle Market; case study.;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- R31 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Real Estate Markets, Spatial Production Analysis, and Firm Location - - - Housing Supply and Markets
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-03-30 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2013-03-30 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-CWA-2013-03-30 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-ENE-2013-03-30 (Energy Economics)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Centro de Investigaciones Económicas y Financieras (CIEF)).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.