Financial Reform, Crisis And Consolidation In Colombia
AbstractColombia’s financial system has experienced important transformations during the last two decades. In order to illustrate the most significant modifications, Tables 1 and 2 present a summary of the financial system’s structure during four different points in time: 1986- 1989, 1990, 1995, and 2001. Table 1 shows the assets of different types of banks (private domestic banks, foreign banks and state-owned banks), Savings and Loans corporations, and the rest of the financial system, all of them as a proportion of GDP. Table 2 complements the information by presenting the participation of each financial intermediary in the total assets of the financial system.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA in its series BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA with number 002724.
Date of creation: 30 Apr 2002
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Fernando Tenjo & Enrique López, .
"Burbuja y Estancamiento del Crédito en Colombia,"
Borradores de Economia
215, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Antonio David, 2005. "Do controls on capital inflows insulate domestic variables against external shocks?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 9, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Gomez-Gonzalez, Jose E. & Kiefer, Nicholas M., 2006. "Bank Failure: Evidence from the Colombia Financial Crisis," Working Papers 06-12, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Fernando Tenjo & Enrique Lopez, 2003.
"Credit bubble and stagnation in Colombia, 1990-2001,"
Colombian Economic Journal,
Academia Colombiana de Ciencias Economicas, Colegio Mayor de Nuestra Senora del Rosario, Pontificia Universidad Javeriana, Universidad de Antioquia, Universidad de los Andes, Universidad del Valle, Un, vol. 1(1), pages 151-191, December.
- Fernando Tenjo & Enrique López, 2003. "Credit bubble and stagnation in Colombia, 1990-2001," COLOMBIAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL, COLOMBIAN ECONOMIC JOURNAL.
- Juan Manuel Lima & Johannes Wiegand & Enrique Montes & Carlos Varela, 2006. "Sectoral Balance Sheet Mismatches and Macroeconomic Vulnerabilities in Colombia, 1996-2003," IMF Working Papers 06/5, International Monetary Fund.
- Michel Janna Gandur, . "Eficiencia en Costos,Cambios en las Condiciones Generales del Mercado y Crisis en la Banca Colombiana: 1992-2002," Borradores de Economia 260, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Norma Judith Paternina).
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.