Characterization of Bidding Behavior in Multi-Unit
AbstractThis paper provides first order conditions for a very general class of single or multi-unit auctions. Under mild conditions we characterize bidding-behavior and generalize previous standard results in the literature. As an application we obtain sufficient conditions for truth-telling, monotonic best reply strategies and identification results for multi-unit auctions.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE in its series DOCUMENTOS CEDE with number 004382.
Date of creation: 09 Nov 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aloisio Araujo & Luciano I. de Castro, 2006.
"Pure Strategy Equilibria Of Single And Double Auctions With Interdependent Values,"
Economics Working Papers
we065320, Universidad Carlos III, Departamento de Economía.
- Araujo, Aloisio & de Castro, Luciano I., 2009. "Pure strategy equilibria of single and double auctions with interdependent values," Games and Economic Behavior, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-48, January.
- Araujo, Aloisio & Castro, Luciano I. de, . "Pure strategy equilibria of single and double auctions with interdependent values," Open Access publications from Universidad Carlos III de Madrid info:hdl:10016/378, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid.
- Miguel A. Espinosa & Alvaro J. Riascos Villegas, 2010. "Strategic Behaviour, Resource Valuation and Competition in Electricity Markets," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 006856, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Kastl, Jakub, 2012. "On the properties of equilibria in private value divisible good auctions with constrained bidding," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(6), pages 339-352.
- Ali Hortacsu & Jakub Kastl, 2010. "Informational Advantage and Information Structure: An Analysis of Canadian Treasury Auctions," Discussion Papers 09-031, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.