Price dispersion: The role of distance, borders and location
AbstractWe study deviations from the Law-of-One-Price using microeconomic data on the retail prices of approximately 220 individual goods and services across 122 cities located in 79 countries over the period from 1990 to 2000.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business in its series GSIA Working Papers with number 2004-E25.
Date of creation: Dec 2003
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: Tepper School of Business, Carnegie Mellon University, 5000 Forbes Avenue, Pittsburgh, PA 15213-3890
Web page: http://www.tepper.cmu.edu/
Other versions of this item:
- Mario Crucini & Chris Telmer & Marios Zachariadis, 2005. "Price Dispersion: The Role of Distance, Borders and Location," 2005 Meeting Papers 767, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F4 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2004-12-12 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2004-12-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2004-12-12 (Economic Geography)
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Philippe Andrade & Marios Zachariadis, 2010. "Trends in International Prices," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 02-2010, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Philippe Andrade & Marios Zachariadis, 2011.
"Global Versus Local Shocks in Micro Price Dynamics,"
University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics
10-2011, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Andrade, P. & Zachariadis, M., 2012. "Global versus local shocks in micro price dynamics," Working papers 365, Banque de France.
- Marios Zachariadis, 2012. "Global Versus Local Shocks in Micro Price Dynamics," 2012 Meeting Papers 66, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Lawrence Edwards & Neil Rankin, 2012. "Is Africa Integrating? Evidence from Product Markets," Working Papers 292, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Paul R. Bergin & Reuven Glick, 2006.
"Global price dispersion: are prices converging or diverging?,"
Working Paper Series
2006-50, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Bergin, Paul R. & Glick, Reuven, 2007. "Global price dispersion: Are prices converging or diverging?," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 703-729, September.
- Joanna Wolszczak-Derlacz & Rembert De Blander, 2009. "Price convergence in the European Union and in the New Member States," Bank i Kredyt, National Bank of Poland, Economic Institute, vol. 40(2), pages 37-59.
- Horváth, Julius & Rátfai, Attila & Döme, Botond, 2008. "The border effect in small open economies," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 33-45, March.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Ulrich Fritsche & Michael Graff & Michael Lamla & Sarah Lein & Volker Nitsch & David Liechti & Daniel Triet, 2009. "The euro and prices: changeover-related inflation and price convergence in the euro area," European Economy - Economic Papers 381, Directorate General Economic and Monetary Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Steve Spear).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.