The Emergence of the World Economy
AbstractThe theme of this and most other reflections, implicitely or explicitely, is the role of "the West". How did it rise, expand and sustain itself for so long? Is its day over, with the lead passing to the Far Eastern economies and societies of the Pacific Rim? Connected to this is the question of the prospects of the developing countries.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Columbia University, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 1996_05.
Length: 56 pages
Date of creation: 1996
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1022 International Affairs Building, 420 West 118th Street, New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-3680
Fax: (212) 854-8059
Web page: http://www.econ.columbia.edu/
More information through EDIRC
INTERNATIONAL ECONOMY; INTERNATIONAL RELATIONS; HISTORY;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F01 - International Economics - - General - - - Global Outlook
- F02 - International Economics - - General - - - International Economic Order; Noneconomic International Organizations;; Economic Integration and Globalization: General
- N10 - Economic History - - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics; Industrial Structure; Growth; Fluctuations - - - General, International, or Comparative
You can help add them by filling out this form.
reading list or among the top items on IDEAS.Access and download statisticsgeneral information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Discussion Paper Coordinator).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.