Do Converters Facilitate the Transition to a New Incompatible Technology?: A Dynamic Analysis of Converters
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Columbia University, Department of Economics in its series Discussion Papers with number 1994_04.
Length: 19 pages
Date of creation: 1994
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 1022 International Affairs Building, 420 West 118th Street, New York, NY 10027
Phone: (212) 854-3680
Fax: (212) 854-8059
Web page: http://www.econ.columbia.edu/
More information through EDIRC
Other versions of this item:
- Choi, Jay Pil, 1996. "Do converters facilitate the transition to a new incompatible technology? A dynamic analysis of converters," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 825-835, October.
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Farrell, Joseph & Saloner, Garth, 1992.
"Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces,"
Journal of Industrial Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 9-35, March.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1989. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt8161p50b, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell and Garth Saloner., 1989. "Converters, Compatibility, and the Control of Interfaces," Economics Working Papers 89-130, University of California at Berkeley.
- David, Paul A. & Bunn, Julie Ann, 1988. "The economics of gateway technologies and network evolution: Lessons from electricity supply history," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 165-202.
- Katz, Michael L & Shapiro, Carl, 1992. "Product Introduction with Network Externalities," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(1), pages 55-83, March.
- Waldman, Michael, 1993. "A New Perspective on Planned Obsolescence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 108(1), pages 273-83, February.
- Choi, J.P., 1991.
"Network Externality, Compatibility Choice, and Planned Obsolescence,"
1991_67, Columbia University, Department of Economics.
- Choi, Jay Pil, 1994. "Network Externality, Compatibility Choice, and Planned Obsolescence," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(2), pages 167-82, June.
- repec:fth:coluec:716 is not listed on IDEAS
- Wegberg,Marc,van, 2003. "The grand coalition versus competing coalitions: trade-offs in how to standardize," Research Memorandum 032, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Oz Shy, 2011.
"A Short Survey of Network Economics,"
Review of Industrial Organization,
Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 119-149, March.
- Ulrich Doraszelski & Joe Harrington & Jiawei Chen, 2009.
"Avoiding Market Dominance: Product Compatibility in Markets with Network Effects,"
2009 Meeting Papers
30, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Jiawei Chen & Ulrich Doraszelski & Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., 2009. "Avoiding market dominance: product compatibility in markets with network effects," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(3), pages 455-485.
- Jiawei Chen & Ulrich Doraszelski & Joseph E. Harrington, Jr., 2008. "Avoiding Market Dominance: Product Compatibility in Markets with Network Effects," Economics Working Paper Archive 537, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Charles Z. Liu & Chris F. Kemerer & Michael D. Smith, 2007. "Standards Competition In The Presence Of Digital Conversion Technology: An Empirical Analysis Of The Flash Memory Card Market," Working Papers 07-17, NET Institute, revised Sep 2007.
- Pehr-Johan Norbäck & Lars Persson & Joacim Tag, 2008. "Entrepreneurial Innovations in Network Industries," Working Papers 08-02, NET Institute.
- van Wegberg, Marc, 2004. "Compatibility choice by multi-market firms," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 235-254, June.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Discussion Paper Coordinator).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.