The Market for Confederate Cotton Bonds
AbstractThis paper investigates the more than doubling of Confederate cotton bond prices between December 1863 and September 1864, even after critical defeats of Southern armies at Gettysburg and Vicksurg in the summer of 1863. Offsetting adverse war news during this period were movements in the price of New Orleans middling class cotton, the underlying collateral of the war bonds.
Download InfoTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by Claremont Colleges in its series Claremont Colleges Working Papers with number 1999-12.
Date of creation:
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 500 E. 9th Street, Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 607-3041
Fax: (909) 621-8249
Web page: http://www.claremontmckenna.edu/rdschool/papers/
More information through EDIRC
You can help add them by filling out this form.
CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc D. Weidenmier, . "Turning Points during the U.S. Civil War: Views from the Grayback Market," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 1999-24, Claremont Colleges.
- Olga Christodoulaki & Haeran Cho & Piotr Fryzlewicz, 2011. "A Reflection of History: Fluctuations in Greek Sovereign Risk between 1914 and 1929," GreeSE â Hellenic Observatory Papers on Greece and Southeast Europe 50, Hellenic Observatory, LSE.
- Marc D. Weidenmier & Kim Oosterlinck, 2007. "Victory or Repudiation? The Probability of the Southern Confederacy Winning the Civil War," NBER Working Papers 13567, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marc Weidenmier, 2004. "Gunboats, Reputation, and Sovereign Repayment: Lessons from the Southern Confederacy," NBER Working Papers 10960, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Grreasley, 2010.
"Cliometrics and Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory and Applications,"
Working Papers in Economics
10/56, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- David Greasley & Les Oxley, 2010. "Cliometrics And Time Series Econometrics: Some Theory And Applications," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(5), pages 970-1042, December.
- Olga Christodoulaki & Jeremy Penzer, 2004. "News from London: Greek government bonds on the London Stock Exchange, 1914-1929," Economic History Working Papers 22335, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Marc D. Weidenmier, . "The Politics of Selective Default: The Foreign Debts of the Confederate States of America," Claremont Colleges Working Papers 2000-13, Claremont Colleges.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.