Hyperbolic Discounting and the Standard
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by UCLA Department of Economics in its series Levine's Bibliography with number 321307000000000939.
Date of creation: 16 Mar 2007
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Web page: http://www.dklevine.com/
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-03-24 (All new papers)
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Paola Manzini & Marco Mariotti, 2007.
"Choice over Time,"
Working Papers, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance
605, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Tjalling C. Koopmans, 1959. "Stationary Ordinal Utility and Impatience," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University 81, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Efe A Ok & Yusufcan Masatlioglu, 2003. "A General Theory of Time Preferences," Levine's Bibliography 234936000000000089, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Arijit Mukherji, 2002.
"Can We Really Observe Hyperbolic Discounting?,"
Levine's Working Paper Archive
391749000000000478, David K. Levine.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Arijit Mukherji, 2002. "Can We Really Observe Hyperbolic Discounting?," NajEcon Working Paper Reviews 391749000000000478, www.najecon.org.
- Jesus Fernandez-Villaverde & Arijit Mukherji, 2003. "Can We Really Observe Hyperbolic Discounting," Levine's Working Paper Archive 618897000000000779, David K. Levine.
- Epstein, Larry G., 1983. "Stationary cardinal utility and optimal growth under uncertainty," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 133-152, October.
- Svetlana Boyarchenko & Sergei Levendorskii, 2005. "Discount factors ex post and ex ante, and discounted utility anomalies," Microeconomics, EconWPA 0510013, EconWPA, revised 17 Nov 2005.
- Loewenstein, George & Prelec, Drazen, 1992. "Anomalies in Intertemporal Choice: Evidence and an Interpretation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, MIT Press, vol. 107(2), pages 573-97, May.
- Fishburn, Peter C & Rubinstein, Ariel, 1982. "Time Preference," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 23(3), pages 677-94, October.
- Hammond, Peter J, 1976. "Changing Tastes and Coherent Dynamic Choice," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(1), pages 159-73, February.
- Thaler, Richard, 1981. "Some empirical evidence on dynamic inconsistency," Economics Letters, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 201-207.
- Read, Daniel, 2001. " Is Time-Discounting Hyperbolic or Subadditive?," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, Springer, vol. 23(1), pages 5-32, July.
- Shane Frederick & George Loewenstein & Ted O'Donoghue, 2002. "Time Discounting and Time Preference: A Critical Review," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 40(2), pages 351-401, June.
- Loewenstein, George & Thaler, Richard H, 1989. "Intertemporal Choice," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 3(4), pages 181-93, Fall.
- Read, Daniel & Roelofsma, Peter H. M. P., 2003. "Subadditive versus hyperbolic discounting: A comparison of choice and matching," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 140-153, July.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.