Tax Incentives: Issue and Evidence
AbstractThis paper discusses the issue of R&D tax incentives: why these incentives?, what are their modalities?, their pros and cons?, are they effective? and are there alternatives to R&D tax incentives? Cet article fait le point sur l'utilité des incitations fiscales à la recherche-développement: le pourquoi, le comment, le pour et le contre de ces incitations, leur efficacité et l'existence de solutions alternatives.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CIRANO in its series CIRANO Working Papers with number 99s-32.
Date of creation: 01 Oct 1999
Date of revision:
Contact details of provider:
Postal: 2020 rue University, 25e étage, Montréal, Quéc, H3A 2A5
Phone: (514) 985-4000
Fax: (514) 985-4039
Web page: http://www.cirano.qc.ca/
More information through EDIRC
Research and development; tax incentives; Recherche-développement; incitations fiscales;
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Dagenais, M. & Mohnen, P. & Therrien, P., 1997.
"Do Canadian Firms Respond to Fiscal Incentives To Research and Development?,"
97b05, Universite Aix-Marseille III.
- Marcel Dagenais & Pierre Mohnen & Pierre Therrien, 1997. "Do Canadian Firms Respond to Fiscal Incentives to Research and Development?," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-34, CIRANO.
- Barbara J. Spencer & James A. Brander, 1982.
"International R&D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy,"
518, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Spencer, Barbara J & Brander, James A, 1983. "International R & D Rivalry and Industrial Strategy," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 50(4), pages 707-22, October.
- repec:fth:stanho:e-93-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hall, Bronwyn & Van Reenen, John, 2000. "How effective are fiscal incentives for R&D? A review of the evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(4-5), pages 449-469, April.
- Rachel Griffith & David Sandler & John Van Reenen, 1995. "Tax incentives for R&D," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 16(2), pages 21-44, May.
- Cordes, Joseph J., 1989. "Tax incentives and R&D spending: A review of the evidence," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 119-133, June.
- Shah, Anwar & DEC, 1994. "The economics of research and development : how research and development capital affects production and markets and is affected by tax incentives," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1325, The World Bank.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1995.
"Taxes, Technology Transfer, and the R&D Activities of Multinational Firms,"
NBER Working Papers
4932, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James R. Hines, Jr., 1995. "Taxes, Technology Transfer, and the R&D Activities of Multinational Firms," NBER Chapters, in: The Effects of Taxation on Multinational Corporations, pages 225-252 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohnen, Pierre A. & Nadiri, M. Ishaq & Prucha, Ingmar R., 1986. "R&D, production structure and rates of return in the U.S., Japanese and German manufacturing sectors: A non-separable dynamic factor demand model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 749-771, August.
- McFetridge, D.G., 1995. "Science and Technology: Perspectives for Public Policy," Gouvernement du Canada - Industrial Organization 9, Gouvernement du Canada - Industry Canada.
- Baghana, Rufin & Mohnen, Pierre, 2009.
"Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Quebec,"
MERIT Working Papers
001, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D tax incentives in small and large enterprises in Québec," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 91-107, June.
- Rufin Baghana & Pierre Mohnen, 2009. "Effectiveness of R&D Tax Incentives in Small and Large Enterprises in Québec," CIRANO Working Papers 2009s-01, CIRANO.
- Rafal Kierzenkowski, 2009. "The Challenge of Restoring French Competitiveness," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 720, OECD Publishing.
- Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Dominique Guellec, 2003.
"The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/6213, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe De La Potterie, 2003. "The impact of public R&D expenditure on business R&D," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 225-243.
- Dominique Guellec & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, 2000. "The Impact of Public R&D Expenditure on Business R&D," OECD Science, Technology and Industry Working Papers 2000/4, OECD Publishing.
- Bev Dahlby, 2005. "A Framework for Evaluating Provincial R&D Tax Subsidies," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 31(1), pages 45-58, March.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster).
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.