FDI and the Opening Up of China's Economy
AbstractNo abstract is available for this item.
Download InfoIf you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
Bibliographic InfoPaper provided by CEPII research center in its series Working Papers with number 2000-11.
Date of creation: Jun 2000
Date of revision:
FDI; Opening Up; international trade; WTO; trade policy; Market access; transition economies; international agreements;
Find related papers by JEL classification:
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- P20 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - General
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
This paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Frédéric Busson & Pierre Villa, 1994. "Croissance et spécialisation," Working Papers 1994-12, CEPII research center.
- Harrold, P. & Lall, R., 1993. "China: Reform and Development in 1992-93," World Bank - Discussion Papers 215, World Bank.
- John G. Fernald & Oliver D. Babson, 1999. "Why has China survived the Asian crisis so well? What risks remain?," International Finance Discussion Papers 633, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Françoise Lemoine, 1999. "Les délocalisations au cœur de l'expansion du commerce extérieur chinois," Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 326(1), pages 53-70.
- Daniel H. Rosen, 1999. "Behind the Open Door: Foreign Enterprises in the Chinese Marketplace," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 23.
- Wu, Yanrui, 2000. "Measuring the performance of foreign direct investment: a case study of China," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 143-150, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1996. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Sources and Consequences," NBER Chapters, in: Financial Deregulation and Integration in East Asia, NBER-EASE Volume 5, pages 77-105 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chen Chunlai, 1997. "Comparison of Investment Behaviour of Source Countries in China," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1997-14, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- repec:wop:cercwp:97_15 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:wop:cercwp:97_14 is not listed on IDEAS
- Broadman, Harry G. & Xiaolun Sun, 1997. "The distribution of foreign direct investment in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1720, The World Bank.
- Li-Gang Liu & Marcus Noland & Sherman Robinson & Zhi Wang, 1998. "Asian Competitive Devaluations," Working Paper Series wp98-2, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Chen Chunlai, 1997. "The Evolution and Main Features of China's Foreign Direct Investment Policies," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1997-15, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- Harry G. Broadman & Xiaolun Sun, 1997. "The Distribution of Foreign Direct Investment in China," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(3), pages 339-361, 05.
- Claro, Sebastian, 2008.
"FDI Liberalization as a Source of Comparative Advantage in China,"
Working Paper Series
RP2008/91, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Sebastian Claro, 2009. "FDI Liberalization as a Source of Comparative Advantage in China," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(4), pages 740-753, November.
- Jean-Francois Huchet & Xavier Richet, 2002. "Between Bureaucracy and Market: Chinese Industrial Groups in Search of New Forms of Corporate Governance," Post-Communist Economies, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 169-201.
- Alessia Amighini, 2004.
"China in the international fragmentation of production: Evidence from the ICT industry,"
KITeS Working Papers
151, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jan 2004.
- Alessia Amighini, 2005. "China in the international fragmentation of production: Evidence from the ICT industry," European Journal of Comparative Economics, Cattaneo University (LIUC), vol. 2(2), pages 203-219, December.
- Marchant, Mary A. & Peng, Xuehua, 2004. "Prospects For China'S Agricultural Fdi Inflows: A Gravity Model Approach," 2004 Annual Meeting, February 14-18, 2004, Tulsa, Oklahoma 34656, Southern Agricultural Economics Association.
- Sylvie Demurger & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Wing Thye Woo & Shuming Bao & Gene Chang & Andrew Mellinger, 2002.
"Geography, Economic Policy and Regional Development in China,"
Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers
1950, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Sylvie Démurger & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Wing Thye Woo & Shuming Bao & Gene Chang & Andrew Mellinger, 2002. "Geography, Economic Policy, and Regional Development in China," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 1(1), pages 146-197.
- Sylvie Demurger & Jeffrey D. Sachs & Wing Thye Woo & Shuming Bao, Gene Chang & Andrew Mellinger, 2002. "Geography, Economic Policy, and Regional Development in China," NBER Working Papers 8897, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sylvie DEMURGER & SACHS & Wing Thye WOO & BAO & CHANG & MELLINGER, 2001. "Geography, Economic Policy and Regional Development in China," Working Papers 200109, CERDI.
- Edward M. Graham & Erika Wada, 2001. "Foreign Direct Investment in China: Effects on Growth and Economic Performance," Working Paper Series WP01-3, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- De Beule, Filip & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel, 2005. "Upgrading China’s competitiveness: From special economic zones to science and technology clusters," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/242715, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Girma, Sourafel & Gong, Yundan & Görg, Holger, 2009. "What Determines Innovation Activity in Chinese State-owned Enterprises? The Role of Foreign Direct Investment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 866-873, April.
- SebastiÃ¡n Claro, 2004. "Vertical and Horizontal Dimensions of Trade Liberalization," Documentos de Trabajo 265, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Bart Hertveldt & Chantal Kegels & Bernhard Klaus Michel & Bart Van den Cruyce & Joost Verlinden & Frédéric Verschueren, 2005.
"Working Paper 16-05 - Déterminants de la localisation internationale, avec application aux secteurs Agoria
[Working Paper 16-05 - Determinanten van internationale lokalisatie, met toepassing op de," Working Papers 0516, Federal Planning Bureau, Belgium.
- De Beule, Filip & Van Den Bulcke, Daniel, 2005. "Upgrading China’s competitiveness: From special economic zones to science and technology clusters," Open Access publications from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven urn:hdl:123456789/383250, Katholieke Universiteit Leuven.
- Bertrand Maximin, 2003. "Investissement direct étranger, dynamique industrielle et inégalité salariale en Asie," Mondes en développement, De Boeck Université, vol. 122(2), pages 85-105.
- Pauline Lacour & Catherine Figuière, 2011. "Environmentally friendly technologies transfers through trade flows from Japan to China - An approach by bilateral trade in environmental goods," Post-Print halshs-00628832, HAL.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ().
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.